SuccessFactors Customers can use MDF to configure and manage objects in the data model using an easy-to-use User Interface. Before you can use the feature-rich platform, you have to
- Enable few settings in Provisioning, and
- Set certain Permissions in the Admin Center.
In this blog, I’ll take you through the steps of preparing the environment, and configuring and using a custom object.
In Provisioning, select Company Settings.
Make sure that the Enable Generic Objects – requires “Enable the Attachment Manager” and Enable the Attachment Manager are enabled.
In Instance, using Action Search
A) NAVIGATE to Manage Permission Roles.
- select the Role you want to grant the MDF access,
- choose Permission from Permission Settings,
- select Metadata Framework under Administrator Permissions,
- make sure all boxes are checked, and click Done.
B) NAVIGATE to the Configure Object Definitions
1. Select Object Definition from the Create New Dropdown list.
2. Define the Object with the values provided in the table below:
3. Define fields according to the data provided in the table below:
|Field Name||Data Type||Required||Label|
|effectiveStartDate||Date||Yes||Effective as of|
- Use the trash icon to delete externalName field.
- Choose Details to maintain Required Status and Field Label.
- As you enter the custom field name, ‘cust’ is added before its name automatically.
4. Make sure the Secured field is selected as Yes.
5. Choose Save. The message confirms the successful creation of the object.
6. Now go again to the Manage Permission Roles and select the role.
7. Choose Miscellaneous Permissions under the User Permissions, select the Computer object, select all permissions except Field Level Overrides, click Done, and Save Changes to the Role.
8. Log out from the Instance and Log in again to get the permission reflected.
C) NAVIGATE to the Manage Data
1. Select Computer from the Create New dropdown list.
2. Fill in the detail and choose Save.
3.The data is stored for the selected employee as follows:
You can do a lot more through the MDF framework. The above example was to illustrate the process.
We, the MSITEK team, help organizations with achieving their Business-IT alignment goals. Get in touch to learn more about our services.