There has been an expectation from Payroll admin to see the posting results in simulation mode and validate Monthly Budget against employee costing. This blog post will describe solutions provided by SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll using real time scenario based Implementations.
The expectation from Payroll admin stands point from Employee Central:
- The ability for Payroll Admin to see the posting results in simulation mode post completion of payroll run and before hitting General Ledgers
- Validate monthly budget against employee costing
Existing System Architecture
- The client had an S/4Hana system where they were running all the logistics modules and Finance and Travel management.
- Payroll clients that had Employee Central Payroll had it integrated with Employee Central using Point to Point integration.
- Employee Central is the master system for HCM solution for which all business users, including Payroll admin, have access.
· Solution provided for “Ability for Payroll Admin to see the posting results in simulation mode post completion of payroll run and before hitting General Ledgers”
- We used standard delivered mash-up screen in Employee Central to see the Posting results along with the posting document number and other options
- We created a service for Standard transaction code PCP0 and later called this from the mash-up screen from Employee Central, which had access only for Payroll admin.
· Solution provided for “Validate Monthly Budget against employee costing”
- We implemented standard BADI for fetching the cost center created from S/4Hana to Employee Central to assign an individual employee level to avoid work redundancy.
- Post completion of Payroll activity from Payroll control center (PCC), Payroll admin process the Payroll posting in the simulation where it accumulates the total gross payments and which can be referred to as Payroll monthly costing & the same is used to validate the budget set by the Finance users.
- This is implemented in the EC payroll system in a payroll posting transaction enhancement, and the communication between EC Payroll & S/4Hana is implemented with the help of CPI.
- Thus if it is exceeding the budget, then the workflow is triggered based on the user’s id in the S/4Hana system, which is, in turn, accessed from the Fiori Launchpad.